Kankakee County residents eat healthy foods and engage in regular physical activity.
We promote physical activity and healthy eating for everyone living in Kankakee County through people, programs, and policies.
CREATE AN ACCESSIBLE ENVIRONMENT
- Assist the City of Kankakee with the implementation of Complete Streets.
- Install bike racks throughout Kankakee County to accommodate at least 200 bikes.
- Assist with development of the River Front Trail – Phase II & IV
- Design and implement an area bike map.
ESTABLISH EARLY CHILDHOOD AND SCHOOL INITIATIVES
- Work with local hospitals and community agencies to promote and expand, if necessary, existing programs that address childhood obesity.
- Partner with IKAN to design, develop, and implement staff development activities on implementing new State Physical Education Standards such as Rethink Your Drink.
- Continue collaboration with Success by Six to initiate or expand projects that address childhood obesity such as 5-2-1-0.
- Sponsor healthy cooking demonstrations in collaboration with the Farmers’ Market.
LEADERSHIP & GROWTH
- Continue to develop and expand Action Teams as needed.
- Secure future funding to support initiatives.
DEVELOP EFFECTIVE MARKETING STRATEGIES
- Initiate a Bike Slow Roll in Kankakee County. (May 2015)
- Develop stronger branding strategy.
- Create new print materials highlighting initiative goals and achievements.
- Initiate a quarterly newsletter.
- Continue to develop the website. Expand the links to area websites (i.e. Community Foundation).
- Expand the number of Facebook page “Likes” to 2,000 individuals.
- Complete community calendar.
MONITOR AND CELEBRATE ACHIEVEMENTS ANNUALLY
- Measure the progress made towards reaching established goals.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all programs and policies implemented.