Check out events calender for healthy living in Kankakee. We have events for Biking and Running clubs, park districts, farmers markets, and a wide variety of community events to let you live a healthier life. We are accepting submissions. please see the move more guidlines below
Now Accepting Submissions!
A new community calendar for events designed to get you moving. The live healthy calendar is a multi-county wide calendar of events dedicated to participation in healthy activities. This is a public calendar and submissions are open to all groups having events that promote healthy living and meet the guidelines below.
- Events must be open to the public.
- Events must be participatory in nature. (i.e. 10k races are okay, high school football is not.)
- Events must be in Kankakee County and the immediate surrounding counties. (in Illinois: Will, Grundy, Livingston, Ford, Iroquois, in Indiana: Benton, Newton, Lake).
- Submission emails must be filled out and complete. (See below for email requirements).
- Groups having direct posting access to the website will still have to post by vetting deadlines in order for their event to be visible to the pubic.
- LiveHealthy reserves the right to edit and publish event submissions at their discretion.
- Posting deadlines are a minimum of 14 Days before the event.
- All entries will be vetted for compliance to the guidelines by LiveHealthyKankakeeCounty staff.
- Events will be approved or denied within in 1 week.
What to include in your email:
- Contact Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Event Info - Name and Date,
- Length of event
- Fee information
- Entry deadline
- Name of Sponsoring Group
- Location and map directions if appropriate
- Does this event repeat
- Web and Facebook links
- Description of events, entry instructions, contacts, etc
- Display photos if any, links to videos (video must be hosted on Youtube, Vimeo)